At Birley Primary Academy, we want to nurture aspirations and feel it is really important that our children are inspired for their futures. As such on Thursday 30th March 2023, we held a very special careers day for pupils across our academy, providing an opportunity for the children to be inspired and to start to think about what they might like to do when they are all grown up – an Aspire Day! It was an incredible event that left a lasting impact on our pupils – thanks to the support we received from various local organisations, businesses and members of the community.
Unbelievably, as can be seen by our action packed timetable below, we had a wide variety of careers on show to the children. Here is a list of the kind volunteers who dedicated their precious time:
- Clive Betts – Member of Parliament
- Mark Ansell – News Reporter for Look North
- Rachel Reed-Hill – Crown Prosecutor
- Simon Billard – Birley Aquatics
- Dan Houghton – Senior IT Technician
- Sioned-Mair Richards – Lord Mayor of Sheffield
- Laura Pike – Vet
- Danielle Battison – Scuba Diver
- Becky Hill and Debra Wood – Nurses
- Hayley Seward – Police Lecturer
- Daneele Graham – Mental Health Nurse
- Angela Christ – Paramedic
- Roger Shalome – PCSO
- Anna Hampshire – Clinical Scientist
- Karen McGowan and Denise Fox – Councillors
- Helen Payton – Psychiatric Nurse
- Daniel Adams – Engineer
- Phil Ridley – Train Designer
- Natalie Hampson-Dutton – Optical Consultant
- Kieran Mather – Railway Conductor
The academy would like to give a huge thanks to all the local organisations and members of the community who came to our Aspire Day. We are so pleased and grateful that you gave up your time to come and talk with us. You pitched your presentations and activities perfectly and we are sure you have given our children aspirations for the future!
Have a look at some of the photos from the fantastic event in the gallery below:
Our next Aspire Day is planned to take place on Wednesday 27th March 2024
Could you inspire our children to think about their future?
Could you ‘drop a dream’ into a child’s heart and set them on a course for life?
Could you share your story and make our children think about what they can begin to do now to fulfil their full potential?
If you wish to volunteer some of your time and contribute to our next Aspire Day, check back here to sign up.