The government currently provides additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. The aim of this funding is to:
- Increase participation rates in activities such as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics.
- Increase and improve success in competitive school sports.
- Ensure an inclusive physical education curriculum.
- Improve partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners
- Increase links with other subjects that contribute to pupil’s overall achievement and their social, spiritual, moral and cultural skills,
- Ensure greater awareness among pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupil’s health.
Below, please find our publication detailing the evidence of impact from the money allocated to the academy as part of the Sports Premium funding.